Excel INDEX isn't working with Table reference -


i using excel office 2010. trying values specific row (or, eventually, rows) in table, found running search. can identify row in table want output data from, index function not working when tell go row database.

=index(outputtable[department];$f2) 

is giving me error, is:

=index(outputtable;$f2;column(outputtable[department])) 

everything can google tells me 1 or other of these should work, excel keeps giving me error, telling me problem first argument of index: reference outputtable. i've typed in manually, , i've navigated select directly. $f2 holds calculated row number search.

why tell me erroring? can't figure out look.

edit

=index(output!$a$2:$a$30;$f2) 

on impulse, went ahead , tried using simple $a$2:$a$30 reference instead of outputtable[department]. still errors out, telling me $a$30 problem. (not whole reference. that.) i'm more confused.

are sure should using ; opposed ,? error that, , directs me $a$30 stated.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHP DOM loadHTML() method unusual warning -

python - How to create jsonb index using GIN on SQLAlchemy? -

c# - TransactionScope not rolling back although no complete() is called -